If I had to answer the question “how do you get paid to exist?” in a single sentence here’s what I’d have to say:
“Live your PASSION, & Play to your STRENGTHS in such a way that it solves a “primary” problem that a lot of people are willing to pay for!”
When we boil it down, the simple truth is it does not matter that you are a very nice person, or that you are very pretty, or that you went to a prestigious school. It does not really matter that you are a loyal and hard worker, and that you are very smart. It does not matter that you have given your life to the company or cause, or that you had the balls to start your own thing.
What matters most is:
- That you are able to solve a problem that a lot of people want solved.
- That those people know that you can solve it for them, &
- That you make your solution so simple & irresistible that it makes the cost of your solution irrelevant!
So I have come to realize that if you and I want to live an epic life and get paid to do it…
BE THE IRRESISTIBLE SOLUTION that a lot of people want!
2 Questions for you to answer to help you get paid to exist:
1. What primary problem are you going to become known for solving (identify and decide)?
2. What cause or crusade are you going to be the Champion of that is the enemy of “said” problem (identify and decide)?
Share your answers in the comment section below.
(Note: the term Paid To Exist was coined by a prolific renegade and trail blaizer named Jonathan Mead over at PAID TO EXIST. He’s a fellow champion & crusader that also believes “life and work can be a meaningful extension of who you were created to be.”)