They Said, I’d Be Just Another Statistic:
I grew up in the inner city (East Cleveland Ohio)…
I was raised by a single black mother (by the way, she rocks!)
My dad was a drug dealer… He Died! Found tied to his bed post, shot 6 time in the head (drug deal gone wrong… as if any drug deal can go right).
Like father, like son?
DON’T LET ANYONE TELL YOU HOW YOUR STORY IS GOING TO END!
…I’M BYRON DAVIS
& I CHOOSE TO LIVE MY EPIC LIFE!
& So Should YOU…
There Is No Excuse!
My 411 in a Nutshell:
- Former American record holder & USA National Team Member in Swimming (Yes black people “do” swim… lol)
- 8 Time NACC All-American & UCLA Record Holder in the 100 meter Butterfly.
- Ironman Finisher and Triathlete
- Author of the book, Re-Purposed: Mastering the Art of Winning Through Letting Your Obstacles Lead The Way.
- Creator a host of the popular podcast Live Your Epic Life
- Created the successful Unstoppable You Audio Training program
- Often asked to speak at events on “Turning Your Passion into Your Profession,” “Funding Your Epic Life,” “Passionately Living Your Sub-plot In God’s Epic Story!”
- I sit on a few executive advisory teams helping awesome organizations and initiatives change the world.
- Like a lot athletes, started my career in the “real world” in Pharmacutical Sales (a lot of fun, great pay, but could not reconcile my personal convictions about preventative and holistic health)
- Masters in Organizational Leader, Biola University
- BA In Political Science, UCLA
“Hello my friend! I’m a happy husband, dad, extreme sport wannabe, pastor, exec. life coach, architect of possibility, fitness fanatic, swimmer, blogger to boot, just off a 5 year fast from wearing a suit. I embrace the simple life, & eating clean; maybe the only black guy you know going green!
I am an ideas coach who is passionate about mobilizing resources and relationship around making good ideas happen. I am an evangelist for taking ones passions, and talents and turning them into passive income on and offline (constantly learning and figuring out ways to do this for myself). I truly believe good things come to those who create!
I am already convinced of the bounty of talent, skill, intellect, and creativity that rest dormant within most people. Most people are much more powerful than they realize. Most have just been playing out the wrong story for their life.Imagine a world where people on every level were not hindered by self imposed limitation due to doubt and fear. Imagine the rapid progress that would be made by the dynamic collaboration of highly skilled individuals absent of ego or pride, driven by the collective confidence that each individual can make significant things happen and bring added value. Think of the solutions that would be regularly generated because people will have embraced the simple truth that there are truly no resources beyond our reach. That success is definitely a choice. Excellence is not just making the difference, it is “being” the difference! It is discovering and uncovering ones talents and skills to make lasting contributions to our families, teams, communities, and world. It is truly acting with impact and living the courageous life! Don’t you see it? If people just decided to accept the truth that who they are, and what they have is enough to accomplish the ambitions in their life; if only they’d commit to doing what they can, with what they have, right where they are their ideal life would unfold right before their eyes. Obstacles would vaporize, and they would be catapulted into direction of their dreams. They would live an epic life! I see it, including all of the implications of such a vision, and I am dedicated to doing my part to bring this vision into volition.”